Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A quick rant about bad broadcasting

I was away for the weekend (+Monday), and catching up on the games I recorded led to the following rant ...

Dear broadcasters:

I can't take you trying to make me stupider any more.

Some of you have obviously never opened a grammar book, or can even spell grammar, but please note that you will not move up in your profession until you get the following basic rule down:

A city, like Chicago, is singular. You do not refer to it as "they," which is plural. Chicago is an "its."

A team name, like Yankees, is plural. That's when you use "they."

Chicago should never be referred to as "they," I don't care how many people live there. When you get it wrong you simply come across as a lazy idiot, and I'm not exaggerating. So do us all a favor and get it right, please.

P.S. It's Minnesota and Minneapolis. Calling either Minny to sound edgy or whatever doesn't make you look cool, it comes across as not caring enough to say correctly. In other words, it's insulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment