Saturday, April 11, 2015

Another blog!

On Dec. 29th I received a phone call that changed my life, which in my line of business happens from time to time. This one, though, wasn't for the better, at least in the short term. Two weeks before my wife and I were to move to Florida to begin new lives I was suddenly laid off (along with most of my colleagues).

Happy New Year.

Since then as I've started moving forward I wanted to post a few things on my book blog that just didn't seem to fit with that theme. Maybe it was about journalism, football, or even the recent search for a men's basketball coach at Alabama. I had some thoughts/news but really no place to post them.

Now I do.

No Time Outs was a book I wrote in 2006 about journalism and sports writing, and while the business has dramatically changed since then a lot things have not. A couple of the first posts will be things I transfer/copy from the other blog, but you'll see some new items soon. After that I'm not exactly sure what direction the blog will go. Perhaps the occasional column or just a bunch of quick hits. We'll see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment