Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"The making of a story for all time"

I probably won't be updating this blog for the rest of the week while I work on a big free-lance project, but if you're into sports writing and wonder what it's like to cover a big-time event check out this story from Tim Layden of Sports Illustrated. 

Simply put, it's terrific. He nailed it. 

I was also happy that he explained how and why the person in the Burger King outfit was standing behind Bob Baffert before the race (per the story, "Baffert got $200,000 from Burger King and gave it to four equine charities." I suddenly don't mind so much.)

Anyway, I'll try and post something from the Alabama Sports Writers Association convention this weekend in Mobile, and after that I plan on doing my annual college football program rankings.

Where the blog goes from there will largely depend on my job situation, but I'm thinking of posting short columns on a regular basis. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment