Saturday, June 18, 2016

A nice honor ...

While I was doing a family retreat last week (more on that later), I received a very nice honor from the Alabama Sports Writers Association, best columnist for 2015.

Basically, the award is based off four columns over the previous calendar year, and they were as follows:

How Former Alabama Player Caleb Castille Came to Star in 'Woodlawn' Movie


Why 2015 SEC West Will Be Toughest College Football Division Ever


Alabama Pays Tribute to Kenny Stabler Prior to LSU Game


The Real King of Alabama's Defense


I took chance with a couple of those and they seemed to work out. 

I've won a number of awards over the years, but I'm pretty proud of this one as I got into this business to someday become a columnist. A few years ago when the organization briefly had an Internet division I won the best feature/column award, but this is a little different as I was directly up against the state's best. 

So thank you ASWA, Bleacher Report, which brought me back as an SEC Lead Writer last July, and readers. It's much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment